Conveyance for Weston Longville Village Hall approved by the Charity Commissioners on 11th October 1947 and incorporating amendments approved by the Charity Commission on 19th October 2012 thus creating The Weston Longville, Morton on the Hill and Attlebridge Hall for All. Copies of the original documents are archived.
This conveyance is made the 23rd day of April 1947 between John Berry of 4 Chapel Field north in the County of the City of Norwich Gentleman (hereinafter called “the Grantor”) of the first part William Petrie of Langley Park Estate Office,Langley in the said County of Norfolk and Peter Anthony Bainbridge of 74 Upper Close in the City of Norwich Solicitor (hereinafter called “the Settlement Trustees”) of the second part and James Lawrence of Church Farm Weston in the said county of Norfolk Farmer and John Cossey of Green Farm Weston aforesaid farmer (hereinafter called the Trustees) of the third part.
- By a Vesting Deed dated the seventh day of April one thousand nine hundred and forty six and made between George Augustus Berney of the first part the Grantor of the second part and the settlement Trustees of the third part it was declared that the property hereinafter described (with other property) was vested in the Grantor in fee simple. And that the grantor should stand possessed of the said premises upon the trusts and subject to the powers and provisions upon and subject to which under the Settlement therein mentioned or otherwise the same ought to be held from time to time. And it was declared that the Settlement Trustees were the Trustees of the said Settlement for the purposes of the SettledLand act 1925.
The Grantor as such Trustee and Estate Owner as aforesaid in exercise of powers conferred by Section 55 of the Settled Land act 1925 and of all other powers his enabling has agreed to grant by way of a gift to the Trustees for the purpose of a site for a Village Hall to be erected upon the premises hereinafter described and the Settlement Trustees as the present Trustee of the Settlement created by the hereinafter mentioned Settlement have consented to such gift.
The Trustees have requested the Grantor to convey the said premises in the manner and upon the trusts hereinafter appearing.
Now this deed witnesseth as follows:-
1. In pursuance of the said agreement and in consideration of the premises the Grantor in exercise of the power for this purpose conferred upon him by Section 55 of the Settled Land Act 1925 and of all other powers and with the consent and approbation of the Settlement Trustees hereby conveys unto the Trustees ALL that piece or parcel of freehold land being part of the enclosure numbered 238 on the Ordinance Survey Map of the said Parish which premises are bounded or nearly so as follows:- by the road leading from Weston Village to Morton on or towards the North West by property forming part of the Morton Estate on or towards East by the road leading from Weston village to Ringland on or towards South and by the property of on or towards the West. All which said piece of land is for the purpose of identification only and not by way of limitation more particularly delineated on the map or plan drawn hereon and is edged the colour red TO HOLD the same UNTO the Trustees in fee simple discharged as provided by Section 72 of the Settled Land Act 1925. Upon the trusts and subject to the powers and provisions set out in the First Schedule hereto.
2. The Grantor herby acknowledges the right of the Trustees to production of the documents of title specified in the Third Schedule hereto and to delivery of copies thereof.
3. It is hereby certified that the transaction hereby effected does not form part of a larger transaction or of a series of transactions in respect of which the amount of value of the aggregate amount of value of the property transferred exceeds Five hundred pounds.
IN WITNESS whereof the parties hereto set their hands and seals the day and year first above written.
THE FIRST SCHEDULE above referred to:-
1a. The Trustees shall forthwith apply to the Charity Commissioners for England and Wales for an order vesting the Trust premises hereby conveyed in the Official Trustee of Charitable Lands and upon such Order being made the Trustees shall cease to be Trustees of the Trust Premises and the Charity shall thereafter be administered and managed by the members for the time being of the Committee of Management hereinafter mentioned as the Trustees thereof.
1b. The property hereby conveyed (herein called “the Trust Premises”) shall be held upon trust for the purposes of physical and mental training and recreation and social, moral and intellectual development through the medium of reading and recreation rooms, library, lectures, classes, recreations and entertainments or otherwise as may be found expedient for the benefit of the inhabitants of the parishes of Weston Longville, Morton on the Hill and Attlebridge in the County f Norfolk and its immediate vicinity without distinction of sex or of political religious or other opinions subject to the provisions of these premises.
2. The general management and control of the Trust premises and the arrangements for their use shall be vested in a Committee of Management (herein after called the ‘the Committee’) consisting of not more than eleven members (exclusive of Members co-opted under the power hereinafter contained) of whom eight shall be elected at the Annual Meeting. The organisations mentioned in the second schedule hereto shall each have the right to appoint one member of the Committee on the occasion of each annual appointment of members. In addition to the Members of the Committee appointed as above the Committee shall have the power to co-opt not more than four members to represent interests in the said Parishes not represented by any organisation. The total number of members not to exceed 15. The Members of the Committee are the Trustees of the charity.
3. There shall be an Annual General Meeting to be convened by the Committee in the month of April in each year to be convened in the month of April One thousand nine hundred and forty seven by one week’s notice to be affixed to some conspicuous part of the Trust Premises or other conspicuous place or places in the parishes of the inhabitants of the age of eighteen years and upwards of either sex of the Parishes of Weston Longville, Morton on the Hill and Attlebridge for the purpose of receiving the Report and Accounts of the Committee and for accepting the resignations of members of the Committee and for the purpose of electing eight members under Clause 2 hereof provided nevertheless that if in any year an Annual General Meeting shall not be convened and held in the month of April such meeting shall be convened by such persons as shall be nominated for the purpose by the Charity Commissioners.
4. All members of the Committee shall retire annually at the Annual General Meeting. Every organisation entitled to appoint a Member of Committee to take the place of a Member retiring at the Annual General Meeting shall make the appointment before the Annual General Meeting at which the retiring Member of the Committee shall retire.
5. A casual vacancy arising from the death or resignation or removal of a Member of the Committee shall be filled by the organisation by which such member shall have been appointed and the person appointed shall retire at the time when the vacating member would have retired. In the event of a vacancy arising through the death resignation or removal of a member of the Committee appointed by the Annual General meeting the Committee shall have the power to fill such vacancy until the next Annual General Meeting.
6. In the event of any other organisation being formed in the said Parishes with aims of a social recreational or educational character not inconsistent with those upon which the Trust premises are held hereunder the Committee shall have power by a Resolution of the Committee passed at a meeting at which not less than two thirds of all the Members of the Committee vote in favour of the Resolution to allow such new organisation to appoint an additional member of the Committee in the same manner as if such new organisation had been mentioned in the second column of the Second Schedule hereto and for this purpose the total number of members of the Committee as provided for in Clause 2 hereof may be increased (but no such Resolution shall be effective until it has been approved y an Order of the Charity Commissioners).
7. If any organisation entitled to appoint a Member of the Committee ceases to exist or fails to make an appointment in the manner aforesaid before the Annual General Meeting in any year the Annual General Meeting shall decide in what way (if at all) the vacancy shall be filled.