HELP KEEP Hall for All COVID-19 SECURE
Special Conditions of Hire during COVID-19 Version 3: Information for Event Organisers.
Note: These conditions are supplemental to, not a replacement for, Hall for All’s ordinary conditions of hire.
Please note that the hall will normally be cleaned thoroughly once per week including the floors and more frequently depending on demand.
1. You must not enter if you or anyone in your household has COVID-19 symptoms.
2. Maintain 2 metres social distancing as far as possible. You are no longer required to wear masks in the main hall, but the vulnerable and those aged 70 and over may feel safer if those attending an event are encouraged to wear a mask. You as Organiser are asked to keep a record of the name and contact telephone number or email of all those who attend your event for a period of 3 weeks after the event and provide the record to NHS Track and trace if required. All those who have the App. check in by scanning the NHS QR code.
3. You will ensure that no more than 50 people attend your activity/event in the Main Hall and only 2 people at a time use the kitchen in order that social distancing can be maintained. You will encourage social distancing between individuals or groups as far as possible, that they observe any one-way system within the premises. You will ensure that everyone attending maintains 2m social distancing while waiting to enter the premises, and as far as possible observes social distancing of 1m plus mitigation measures when using more confined areas (moving and stowing equipment, accessing toilets) which should be kept as brief as possible.
4. You, the hirer, will be responsible for ensuring those attending your activity or event comply with the COVID-19 Secure Guidelines while entering and occupying the hall which is displayed at the hall entrance, in particular using the hand sanitiser supplied when entering the hall and after using tissues.
5. You, the hirer, will be responsible for cleaning door handles, light switches, window catches, equipment, toilet handles and seats, wash basins and all surfaces likely to be used during your period of hire before other members of your group or organisation arrive and to keep the premises clean through regular cleaning of surfaces during your hire, paying particular attention to wash hand basins and kitchen sinks (if used), using either the products supplied or your own ordinary domestic products. You will be required to clean again on leaving. Please take care cleaning electrical equipment. Use wipes – do not spray!
6. You will make sure that everyone likely to attend your activity or event understands that they MUST NOT DO SO if they or anyone in their household has had COVID-19 symptoms in the last 7 days, and that if they develop symptoms within 7 days of visiting the premises they MUST use the Test, Track and Trace system to alert others with whom they have been in contact.
7. You will keep the premises well ventilated throughout your hire, with windows and doors open as far as convenient. You will be responsible for ensuring they are all securely closed on leaving.
8. You will take particular care to ensure that social distancing is maintained for any persons aged 70 or over or likely to be clinically more vulnerable to COVID-19, including for example keeping a 2m distance around them when going in and out of rooms and ensuring they can access the toilets, kitchen or other confined areas without others being present. For some people, passing another person in a confined space is less risky, but for older people that should be avoided.
9. You will position furniture or the arrangement of the room as far as possible to facilitate social distancing of 2m between individual people or groups of up to two households or 1m with mitigation measures such as: seating side by side, with at least one empty chair between each person or household group, rather than face to face, and good ventilation. If tables are being used, you will place them so as to maintain a distance of at least 2 metres across the table between people who are face to face e.g. using a wide U shape.
10. You will be responsible for the disposal of all rubbish created during your hire, including tissues and cleaning cloths, in the waste bins provided in the kitchen, hall, toilets and entrance lobby.
11. You will be responsible, if drinks or food are brought ,for ensuring that all crockery and cutlery is washed in hot soapy water, dried, and stowed away. You will bring your own clean tea towels, so as to reduce risk of contamination between hirers, and take them away. We will provide washing up liquid and washing up cloths.
12. The Hall for All Trustees will have the right to close the hall if there are safety concerns relating to COVID-19, for example, if someone who has attended the hall develops symptoms and thorough cleansing is required or if it is reported that the Special Hiring Conditions above are not being complied with, whether by you or by other hirers, or in the event that public buildings are asked or required to close again. If this is necessary, we will do our best to inform you promptly and you will not be charged for this hire.
13. In the event of someone becoming unwell with suspected Covid-19 symptoms while at the hall you should remove them to the designated safe area which is the kitchen. Provide tissues and a bin or plastic bag, and a bowl of warm soapy water for handwashing. Ask others in your group to provide contact details if you do not have them and then leave the premises, observing the usual hand sanitising and social distancing precautions, and advise them to launder their clothes when they arrive home.
Inform the Chair of Trustees on 01603 880000
14. You must take steps to avoid people needing to unduly raise their voices to each other, e.g., refrain from playing music or broadcasts at a volume which makes normal conversation difficult.
15. Where a group uses their own equipment: You will ask those attending to bring their own equipment and not share it with other members.
Based on ACRE Sample Conditions of Hire 30th July 2021